V6 for Academia
Prepare your students for the challenges they’ll face in this global economy by teaching them to innovate in dispersed connected teams. Turn ‘chatting’ into product-centered conversations. Enable social learning. Coordinate students’ and educators’ access to team projects from a partnering institution. Work and interact globally with students and peers from any connected place.
Several years of collaboration with educators across various institutions and disciplines have led to the creation of a flexible and tailored set of open software. V6 for Academia is a suite of world-class integrated software: CATIA for product design, DELMIA for digital manufacturing, SIMULIA for realistic simulation, and ENOVIA for collaborative innovation.
Scalable package sizes to meet your growing needs
All packages are available in four sizes (S, M, L, XL) to meet the needs of diverse institutions in higher and secondary education:
- Small – for up to 30 users
- Medium – for up to 100 users
- Large – for up to 300 users
- Extra Large – for up to 900 users
A rich, inter-disciplinary platform
- Inter-disciplinary learning environment, combining broad subsets of Dassault Systèmes Industry leading PLM software
- Designed to enable collaboration, design in context, work package-based engineering and many other industry required practices
- Ubiquitous home working and student contribution traceability with robust control tools
- Addressing all levels and specialized skill categories expected by employers
VEL TECH Technical University, located in Chennai, India, is the flagship of the group of educational institutions founded in 1990 by industrialists Dr. R. Rangarajan, VEL TECH’s chancellor, and Dr. R. Sakunthala Rangarajan. Today, VEL TECH has become a center of excellence in higher technical education for 12,000 students, and offers 59 courses in its undergraduate and post-graduate curriculum in engineering, technology and management.
As the DUT Racing Team has already won the worldwide Formula Student competition several times over the past years, the challenge and pressure on a new team is increasing all the time. Team Manager Max Wink and Chief Engineer Richard Kruithof explain how, and why, their team expects to prolong the world title once again this year.
Notre Dame Preparatory School has been chosen to implement the new V6 software inclusive of the Dassault Systèmes CATIA, DELMIA, SIMULIA and ENOVIA brands as the basis of its CAD curriculum. The V6 platform offers the unique distinction of featuring a data server accessible via the Internet, creating a collaborative manufacturing environment where eventually the school will be able to share designs with other schools around the world and co-create products via social-networking media.
"Herbar Digital" (digital herbarium) is the name of one of the more unusual projects conducted by the University of Hanover. It involves creating a photo-realistic digital representation of herbarium pressings (pressed & dried plants or plant parts) so that they may be accessed by botanical institutes and museums around the world. The University uses DELMIA V6 to calculate and simulate the entire process, including the ergonomic analysis.
SOFTWARE PACKAGES (2016)
Essentials is a single integrated software package combining many capabilities: design software (CAD), market-leading manufacturing (CAM) and robot programming tools, easy-to-use structural analysis (CAE) and collaborative product data management (PDM) in a fully integrated package.
In V6, CATIA, DELMIA, SIMULIA and ENOVIA combined are as affordable as the most popular CATIA V5 educational package.
CATIA for integrated product design
- 3D surface, feature based & solid modeling, 2D drawing, easy assembly modeling, powerful kinematics simulation & space analysis
- Easy capture and replay of design rules, replay of self designed applications
- Functional & sheet metal modeling functions for rapid design of own on-demand parts
- Intuitive industrial design tools for teaching how to bring emotional appeal into product engineering
- Quick and easy direct modeling PLM Discover Master & Advance Beyond PLM
DELMIA for digital manufacturing
- Market-leading manufacturing functions
- Machine simulation, lathe and milling NC programming
- Game-like assembly planning, robotic programming
- Native product & process integration for inter-disciplinary courses
SIMULIA for realistic simulation
- Popular SIMULIA structural analysis including world class ABAQUS technology
- Part validation for non-specialists
- Automated mesh
- Validate a part required for student projects or experimental devices
ENOVIA for collaborative innovation
- Controlled collaborative environment for classrooms, dispersed students or partners
- Teaching actual collaborative industry methods for global collective innovation
- Optimizing educational processes: teach, learn anywhere
- Assembling, modularizing, reusing course material
- Attributing content to respective authors in team projects
- Remotely managing theses and reports with rich 3D content
- Co-designing, remote coaching
Design and Engineering extends the Essentials package and creates a complete advanced environment for design and engineering of products and manufacturing resources. It groups capabilities to automate the modeling of parts that will be produced using specific manufacturing processes, such as sheet metal, composite, and molding or routed systems made of pipes, tubes, and wires. The solution also automates the associative design of tooling which is required to actually produce such parts and systems.
CATIA Design delivers complete solutions for designers
- Advanced style & concept modeling
- Reverse engineering
- 3D functional tolerancing
- Automated manufacturing features for plastic & fabricated parts
- Structure Design (e.g., shipbuilding) Piping, tubing
- Composite design
- Intuitive, no-coding creation of applications for customized teaching
- Class A surfacing including world class ICEM technology
- Manufacturing preparation for cast and forged parts
- Body in white, jigs and tooling
- Composite manufacture
- Generative piping and tubing
- Electrical design, generative electrical design
- Electrical harness design
- Electro-mechanical circuit board
- Nonlinear static stress simulation of assemblies
- Thermal simulation of components
Systems Engineering extends the Essentials package and offers complete advanced capabilities for systems engineering. It groups a rich set of functions essential for concurrently designing and simulating various types of objects using models that optimize their geometry and their function. Indispensable to modeling modern electromechanical systems, simulating their behavior, and optimizing smart products. Systems Engineering comes with numerous libraries describing the physics of diverse technologies and phenomena. Open to other simulation systems, it provides a comprehensive multiphysics design, simulation, and optimization framework for any mechatronic or systems engineering course. Real electromechanical systems, whether programmable or not, can be completely virtualized, connected, and controlled using the solution, reflecting software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop methodologies.
These characteristics open the immense field of virtual labs, tele-operated learning devices, and “flip lab” practices.
CATIA Systems delivers complete solutions to simulate systems
- Integrates world class DYMOLA behavior modeling technology
- Create models of electro-mechanical systems, simulate their dynamic behavior
- 3D Architecture of Logical Systems
- Hybrid mechatronic simulation
- Full traceability with native PLM integration
- Open to different simulation environments through standard interface
- Export to popular dynamic systems simulation software
- Predefined libraries of specialized behaviors for modeling and simulating complex interdisciplinary systems
- Export models to perform ‘Hardware in the Loop’ simulations
- Generate source code from systems behavior models to validate them on hardware platforms
- Optimize system behaviors
Manufacturing and Production extends the Essentials package to digital manufacturing for Industrial or Manufacturing engineering programs. This extended set of functions enables the design, simulation, automation, and control of sophisticated part production as well as assembly-level production. From off-line robots programming to producing ergonomic operator’s instructions, from optimizing automated production cells to balancing complete lines, Manufacturing and Production provides students with an ideal environment to experience methods practiced and required by various industries operating small facilities to large multi-plant production.
DELMIA for digital manufacturing
- Create virtual mechanical devices for use in downstream planning and simulation
- Create virtual NC machines, accessories and controllers
- Advanced layout capabilities for manufacturing planning
- Welding robot management
- Ergonomic task definition, analysis and evaluation
- Extended multi-axis milling machining definition and simulation
- 3D virtual commissioning of control logic
- Create virtual devices for use in control engineering
- Process planning capabilities for various manufacturing industries
- Assign defined processes and their associated parts to a manufacturing resource
- Perform product assembly feasibility studies through simulation
- Immersive environment to detail and document any process
- Dynamic evaluation and improvement of manufacturing systems and material flow
Governance and Project Management extends the Essentials package with numerous organizational and work process related tools. It targets any educational activity where the development of technical managerial skills is a desired learning outcome. It also provides educators with powerful tools to control and manage their teaching and research processes. A group work and deliverable management framework is provided to automate academic work processes, to conduct multi-disciplinary, and potentially multi-year, projects such as engineering student competitions or to teach typical engineering management procedures.
ENOVIA for collaborative project management capabilities
- Collaborative project management
- Advanced resource management
- Project dashboard
- Work breakdown structure
- Task deliverables
- Issue and risk management
- Enables role-based collaboration on digital mockups
“Our students discover through industrial cases and with great interest the advanced PLM capabilities in collaborative design and simulation of the V6. Their associated key concepts are taught from the 1st year of training."
“We consider the DS academic products very effective educational tools, especially for students of the school of Mechanical Engineering. We expect this will place VEL TECH students ahead of their peers from other universities.”
"We used SIMULIA Abaqus to calculate the excess material that could be removed without sacrificing performance. We relied on CATIA Version 6 for the design of the vehicle in 3D and ENOVIA Version 6 for data management and collaboration between the 70 students involved in the project. The 3DS applications allowed streamlined collaboration during the design phase of the project and were instrumental in helping us keep track of everyone’s progress."
“Advanced computer tools such as V6 are changing the conventional idea of an engineer as the guy in the short-sleeve white shirt with a pocket protector. These tools make it fun to learn and open engineering up to a whole new group of people.”
"Dassault Systèmes and its DELMIA Version 6 technology is essential to calculating and simulating the most optimum solution that will be implemented, which includes the ergonomic considerations related to the worker’s movements."
Boot and Boost your V6 for Academia Installation
Deployment guide for the educator
This document will help install V6 once and for all so that educators focus on teaching and innovation with their students.
We are eager to receive your feedback and your customers’ feedback, comments and advice to enrich this document. Please feel free to use the forum below.
Please note: this file is protected by a password, to obtain it, please contact us